Thursday, September 29, 2011 TIME: 1:00 PM ET/ 10:00 AM PT
As Carrier Ethernet increases in popularity for mobile backhaul and business services, operators are under increased pressure to meet more stringent service level agreements (SLAs) for their customers while reducing operations costs. In this session Sunrise Telecom, a market-leading provider of test, monitoring, and workflow management solutions for cable, telecom, wireless operators and equipment manufacturers, will outline new service activation methodologies and the common network faults that these procedures can address. The session will unveil revolutionary improvements to bandwidth profile conformance verification – how operators and equipment vendors alike can ensure that networks measure up!
The seminar will include the many ways with currently available equipment, and new activation methods that field technicians can operate more productively and efficiently. These productivity improvements will be framed in the context of general OAM procedural improvements going on in parallel in the industry. The company will provide a glimpse of ongoing work in the standards bodies and show how service providers can continue to stimulate their vendors for even more efficient future operations.
Attendees will learn:
- How to dramatically improve Ethernet Service Activation Test Methodology utilizing the new ITU-T Y.1564 vs. IETF RFC2544;
- How to improve productivity and become more efficient while deploying new wireless and business services;
- Revolutionary new developments in bandwidth profile conformance verification and how they impact SLAs;
- How related improvements in performance management and fault management functionality in the network will further enhance field technician productivity.
Who should attend:
- Service providers such as telcos and MSO operations, engineering, and management
- Large enterprise Ethernet service consumers
- Ethernet equipment manufacturers field installation teams
- Product design conformance verification engineers
Chief Technology Officer, Sunrise Telecom
Paul Marshall is a co-founder of Sunrise Telecom, serves as its Chief Technology Officer, and serves on the company’s board of directors. He represents the company at the ITU, MEF, and SCTE. His is a Co-Chairman of the MEF Marketing Committee OAM Working Group, and serves as editor for the MEF Latching Loopback project. At the ITU he participated actively in the development of Y.1564 Ethernet Service Activation Test Methodology.
Sunrise Telecom is a market-leading provider of test, monitoring, and workflow management solutions primarily for cable, telecom, and wireless operators. Our broad portfolio of feature-rich, easy-to-use products enable our customers to deliver premium voice, video, data and next-generation digital multimedia services faster, cheaper and with better quality than their competition. As a testament to our leadership, over 100,000 of our test sets have been deployed by 2,000+ customers across 65 countries.
Erik K Linask
Group Editorial Director TMCnet
Erik oversees the daily operation of TMCnet, which delivers news, information, videos, white papers, podcasts, and more to three million visitors each month. He is also a contributor to TMCnet as well as TMC’s IP Communications publications. Prior to joining the TMC team, several years ago, he was Managing Editor at Global Custodian, a global securities services publication, where he also managed the magazine’s survey research. Erik began his professional career at management consulting firm Leadership Research Institute.